Before using any paint products please read all the safety information on the labels. Safety data sheets and technical data sheet are available for each product, it is recommended that these are read before use of the product. Each label will display a number of warning symbols and warning phrases.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
It is important when undertaking any painting or varnishing task that suitable personal protection equipment (PPE) is used, including the following:
Face masks/Vapour Masks/respiratory equipment
Safety Glasses/Safety Goggles
- Avoid contact with Eyes – Eye protection should be worn during the paint application process, if the product comes into contact with the eyes seek medical attention, and show the container and/or the material health and safety data sheet.
- Avoid contact with Skin – Paint and varnish products can cause irritation to the skin. Protective clothing and gloves should be worn when using paint or varnish products. If the product does come into contact with the skin, seek medical attention and show the container and/or the material health and safety data sheet.
- Avoid Ingestion – Keep paint products away from food and drink, its storage and/or preparation. If paint product is ingested seek medical attention immediately, and show the container and/or the material health and safety data sheet.
- Avoid Inhalation – Inhalation of solvent vapour or dust from sanding can be harmful. It is important that adequate ventilation or extraction of the vapour or dust occurs. Suitable respiratory equipment should be used. Use air fed hoods or vapour filter masks.
- Do not discharge product in to drains or sinks – dispose paint products to an authorised waste collection centre.
- Keep out of reach of children – It is important to consider where the products are being stored, to ensure the product is kept out of reach of children.
- Risk of Fire – Avoid naked flames where the paint is being stored or used. Do not Smoke where the paint is being stored or used. Store paint products in well ventilated areas and in a dry place away from sources of heat and direct sunlight. Keep tin lid tightly closed. Avoid sparks, storing or using products where there is a risk of sparks from electrical appliances, and or connections, also from metals. Do not leave paint soaked rags lying around. Some types of paint can dry out and auto-ignite.
- F – The product is highly Flammable. Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Xn -The product is classified as Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
- Xi – The product is classified as Irritant in contact with eyes and skin.
- T – The product is classified as Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
- C – The product can be corrosive and may cause sensitization or burns in contact with skin.
For more information about safety information please consult the Material Safety Data Sheet and or contact us or the health and safety department during working days on Tel: ++39 035 513373.